IEEE VCIP is one of the oldest conferences in the field of visual communications and image processing and a flagship conference of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society (CAS) Visual Signal Processing and Communications Technical Committee. Since 1986, VCIP has served as a premier forum for the exchange of fundamental and applied research in the field of visual communications and image processing. VCIP 2021 will be hosted in the beautiful city of Munich and it inherits the tradition of previous conferences in providing a fertile ground for leading engineers and scientists from around the world to disseminate their research outcomes and push forward the frontiers of knowledge within these and related areas.
The 2021 conference theme is “Visual Communications in the era of AI and Limited Resources”. VCIP 2021 topics include, but are not limited to:
- Emerging Techniques for Image and Video Coding Standards
- Image and Video Compression Beyond Standards
- Evaluation of Image and Video Coding Standards
- Video Coding for Machines
- Compression of Neural Networks for Visual Communications
- Dynamic Point Cloud Capture and Compression
- Image/Video Privacy
- Advanced Techniques for Immersive Video
- Visual Communications
- Visual Processing Embedded Systems and Architecture Implementations
- Cloud Multimedia Systems, Applications, and Services
- Multimedia Content Analysis, Representation, and Understanding
- Machine Learning for Multimedia
- Multimedia and Multimodal User Interfaces and Interaction Models
- Multimedia Networking, Multimedia Traffic Management
- Efficient and Massively Scalable Multimedia Service Distribution
- Multimedia Delivery, Multimedia Broadcasting
- Mobile Multimedia, Wireless Multimedia Communications
- Low Delay and Multipath Video Communications over 5G networks
- Automated Machine Learning for Visual Signal Processing
- Multi- and Hyperspectral Image Communications
Submission of Regular and Demo Papers
Prospective authors are invited to submit four-page full-length papers, including results, figures, and references, with one optional fifth page containing only references. Furthermore, VCIP 2021 considers the submission of one-page demo papers with a description of proposed working systems.
Tutorial and Special Session Proposals
Researchers, developers, and practitioners from related communities are invited to submit proposals for organizing tutorials and special sessions on various emerging topics described above.
Tutorials will be held on 5 December 2021. Proposals must include a title, outline, contact and biography information of the presenter, and a short description of the material to be distributed.
Special session proposals must provide a title, rationale, contact and biography information of the organizers, and a list of possible papers with a tentative title and abstract. Special session papers will be regularly reviewed. Papers accepted for regular, special, and demonstration sessions must be registered and presented to assure their inclusion in the IEEE Xplore Library. Awards will be given to papers of the best quality.
Please visit the VCIP 2021 website for additional information regarding paper and proposal formatting instructions and submission details. Inquiries about the conference can be directed to email@example.com.